These terms and conditions govern the purchase of SKILL-LYNC online course purchased via our website, by clicking on the “Agree” button you agree to the terms of this agreement which will bind you. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you must cease to continue to purchase any Services from us. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including, without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, and/ or contributors of content. The expression YOU shall mean the Users/beneficiaries of our service and Instructors and the expressions US, OUR WE include the management at SKILL-LYNC and its support/sales team, their successors, assign and all persons claiming through them and under them.
Any new feature or tool which is added to the current website shall also be subject to the Terms of Service.
a. Confidential Information -This means all information provided by one party to the other in written, graphic, recorded, machine-readable or another form concerning the business, clients, suppliers, finances and other areas of the other party’s business or products, including, without limitation, the Course Materials, except information that is: (i) publicly known through no wrongful act or omission of User, or any information already in the possession or control of the disclosing party.
b. Course Material- This means the information provided by SKILL-LYNC to accompany a course provided as part of the Services in electronic form.
c. Instructors– This means the individuals who create course content for SKILL-LYNC
d. Intellectual Property Rights - This means copyright, rights in or relating to databases, patent rights, performers’ rights, designs and registered designs, trademarks, rights in or relating to Confidential Information, and other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) throughout the world.
e. Legal Actions and Notices -Any notice or other communication to be given hereunder will be in writing and given by registered post only.
f. Online Course -means the delivery by us of an online course pursuant to which you learn course materials remotely.
g. Services- means the provision of the Online Course and/or the Course Materials together with such other services as agreed from time to time and purchased by you through the Website.
h. Website - means http://www.skill-lync.com/
i. Support System refers to the different processes that SKILL-LYNC follows to resolve student queries
j. User- means the individual purchasing the Services.
General terms and conditions
1. Course Enrollment
When you enroll in our course, you get a license from us to view it via the SKILL-LYNC platform and no other use. You are hereby expressly barred from transferring or reselling courses in any way.
Courses are licensed, and not sold, to you. This license does not give you any right to resell the course in any manner (including by sharing account information with a purchaser or illegally downloading the course and sharing it on torrent sites). SKILL-LYNC grants you as an User, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and view the courses and associated content for which you have paid all required fees, solely for your personal, non- commercial, educational purposes through the Services, in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with a particular course or feature of our Services. All other uses are expressly prohibited. You may not reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, sub-license, or otherwise transfer or use any course unless we give you explicit permission to do so in a written agreement signed by a SKILL-LYNC authorized representative.
We reserve our right to revoke any license to access and use courses at any point in time in the event where we decide or are obligated to disable access to a course due to legal or policy reasons, for example, if the course you enrolled in is the object of a copyright complaint, or if we determine its content violates our terms and policies. The lifetime access is not applicable to add-on features and services associated with a course, for example, translation captions of courses may be disabled by instructors at any time, and an instructor may decide at any time to no longer provide teaching assistance or Q&A services in association with a course. To be clear, the lifetime access is to the course content but not to the instructor.
Instructors may not grant licenses to their courses to users directly and any such direct license shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms.
You need an account to purchase and enroll in a course or to submit a course for publication on our platform and you shall be solely responsible for all activity associated with your account either done by someone using your account without your permission. If you suspect someone else is using your account, it is your duty to inform us by contacting our Support Team. We may request some information from you to confirm that you are indeed the owner of your account.
When setting up and maintaining your account, you agree and acknowledge to provide and continue to provide accurate and complete information, including a valid email address. You shall not transfer or assign your account to someone else or use someone else’s account without their permission. If you contact us to request access to an account, we will not grant you such access unless you can provide us the login credential information for that account. In the event of the death of a user, the account of that user will be closed.
Course pricing is listed on the website webpage for each course and is subject to changes without notice. The prices of courses on SKILL-LYNC are determined based on the terms of the Instructor Agreement and our Pricing and Promotional Policy. If you are logged into your account, the listed currency you see is based on your location when you created your account. If you are not logged into your account, the price currency is based on the country where you are located. We do not enable users to see pricing in other currencies. If you are a User located in a country where use and sales tax, goods and services tax, or value-added tax is applicable to consumer sales, we are responsible for collecting and remitting that tax to the proper tax authorities. When you make a purchase, you agree not to use an invalid or unauthorized payment method. If your payment method fails and you still get access to the course you are enrolling in, you agree to pay us the corresponding fees within thirty (30) days of notification from us. We reserve the right to disable access to any course for which we have not received adequate payments.
4. Refund Policy
All course purchases are NON-REFUNDABLE on any type of payments viz., pre-book, installments or full payments
5. At your own risk
You shall only use SKILL-LYNC for lawful purposes. Instructors are responsible for the contents created and posted on our platform. The instructors shall keep the reviews, questions, posts, courses, and other content you upload in line with our terms and conditions and the instructor agreement and the law and respect the intellectual property rights of others. We can ban your account for repeated or major offenses.
If you are an instructor, you can submit courses for publication on the platform and you can also communicate with the users who have enrolled in your courses. In both cases, you must abide by the law and respect the rights of others: you cannot post any course, question, answer, review, or other content that violates applicable local or national laws or regulations of your country. You are solely responsible for any courses, content, and actions you post or take via the platform and Services and their consequences.
If we are put on notice that your course or content violates the law or the rights of others (for example, if it is established that it violates the intellectual property or image rights of others, or is about an illegal activity), if we discover that your content or behavior violates our Terms and Conditions and Instructor agreement, or if we believe your content or behavior is unlawful, inappropriate, or objectionable (for example if you impersonate someone else), we may remove your content from our platform. SKILL-LYNC complies with copyright laws.
SKILL-LYNC has discretion in enforcing these Terms and conditions. We may terminate or suspend your permission to use our platform and Services or ban your account at any time, with or without notice, for any violation of these Terms, if you fail to pay any fees when due, for extended periods of inactivity, for unexpected technical issues or problems, or if we suspect that you engage in fraudulent or illegal activities. Upon any such termination, we may delete your account and content, and we may prevent you from further access to the platforms and use of our Services. Your content may still be available on the platforms even if your account is terminated or suspended. You agree that we will have no liability to you or any third party for termination of your account, removal of your content, or blocking of your access to our platforms and services.
6. Support system
The support system provided by SKILL-LYNC should be strictly used only for getting help with the materials discussed in the course. Support shall not be provided for side projects or assignments that the User might work on in their individual capacity. The duration of the support will depend on the plan that you have purchased. If the student misses to make payments then access to the support system will be cut off. If the User is caught sharing videos, notes, programs, and other digital content that is owned by Skill Lync then appropriate legal actions would be taken and the User has to bear all the associated costs.
6.a Third-Party Software Licenses
For certain courses, SKILL-LYNC provides legal software licenses for the students to practice. The license for these courses will be available only for the duration of the course and must be used only for learning the course for which the license was provided. The use of these licenses for commercial activities will result in an immediate loss of access to the course, the support system, and any certificates. Commercial use will also lead to legal prosecution.
7. SKILL-LYNC’s Rights
We own the SKILL-LYNC platform and Services, including the website, present or future apps and services, and things like our logos, API, code, and content created by our employees. You can’t tamper with those or use them without authorization.
All right, title, and interest in and to the SKILL-LYNC platform and Services, including our website, our existing or future applications, our APIs, databases, and the content our employees or partners submit or provide through our Services are and will remain the exclusive property of SKILL-LYNC. Our platforms and services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws. Nothing gives you a right to use the SKILL-LYNC name or any of the SKILL-LYNC trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features.
8. Security, Intrusion & Detection
You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the SKILL-LYNC platform and Services:
a. access, tamper with or use non-public areas of the platform, Skill-Lync’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of SKILL-LYNC’s service providers.
b. disable, interfere with, or try to circumvent any of the features of the platforms related to security or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of our systems.
c. copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code of or content on the SKILL-LYNC platform or Services.
d. access or search or attempt to access or search our platform by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available search functionalities that are provided via our website, mobile apps, or API (and only pursuant to those API terms and conditions). You may not scrape, spider, use a robot or use other automated means of any kind to access the Services in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information (such as sending email communications falsely appearing as SKILL-LYNC); or interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the platforms or services, or in any other manner interfering with or creating an undue burden on the Services.
Unauthorized attempts to hack, copy, upload or change information, or otherwise cause harm/damage to this service and/or any user of this service, is strictly prohibited and may be punishable under applicable law.
For website security purposes, and to ensure that this service remains available to all genuine human users and to genuine businesses and organizations that have the consent of SKILL-LYNC, all network traffic is monitored.
If a User disagrees with this policy, then that User should not use this Website.
9. Restriction of Liability & Disclaimer
SKILL-LYNC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to restrict/block the access of a User, and/or to suspend/terminate the account of a User, and/or to remove/delete any information/content posted, uploaded or displayed by a User, and/or to deny a User future access to the website and/or the website service, or any part thereof, with or without notice and for any reason whatsoever, and shall have no liability or responsibility to the User in any manner whatsoever if it chooses to do so.
For all Users, as well as any entities/third parties mentioned or displayed anywhere on this website: SKILL-LYNC expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this website, or any inaccuracies, falsehoods, defamation, slander, libel, discriminatory terminology, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter or any interpretation of such that you may make. As a provider of interactive online services such as, but not limited to, job boards, school ad listings, public forum boards, or banner advertisements, Skill-Lync is not liable for any words, terminology, statements, representations, images, visuals or content provided by or viewed by a User. The information and images displayed therein are provided in good faith, but we make no guarantees about the completeness, accuracy, timeliness, availability, accessibility, merchantability, appropriateness, or fitness for any particular purpose of any of the information or images/visuals.
The User accepts that the use of this website is at the User's sole risk (The User is aware and voluntarily and wholly accepts that your use of this website or any other SKILL-LYNC website is always entirely and exclusively your own responsibility). SKILL-LYNC accepts no responsibility for your use of this website, or for anyone else's (including any advertiser's) use of it. SKILL-LYNC accepts no responsibility for any injury, loss, penalty, claim, damage, or interpretation arising out of or in any way connected with this website and service including, but is not limited to, the content, information or entities/third parties/advertisers displayed here, the usage of cookies or collection of data/information by this website and service or by entities/third parties/advertisers displayed here. By accessing, browsing, or using this website, you agree with these conditions and agree to hold harmless the owners, operators, and maintainers of this website and their agents and partners.
We may decide to cease making available certain features of the Services at any time and for any reason. Under no circumstances will SKILL-LYNC or its affiliates, suppliers, partners, or agents be held liable for any damages due to such interruptions or lack of availability of such features.
We are not responsible for delay or failure of our performance of any of the Services caused by events beyond our reasonable control, like an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; natural disaster; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage; or government restrictions.
10. Job Assistance
Job Assistance is provided for students who perform well in our Master Programs. The student should have completed a minimum of 3 courses with more than 60% marks to qualify for Job Assistance. When you do qualify, you will work closely with our Student Success Team. They will advise you on resume preparation and prepare you for Technical Interviews. Our Student Success Team works with several hiring partners to help you get a job. As part of their process, they will provide several tasks and assignments that you need to complete on time. Failure to complete or exhibiting poor compliance towards these tasks will result in revoking of the Job Assistance Service.
For the students who avail Career Support Services from Skill-Lync, Skill-Lync reserves the right to publish placement updates on its website. This will include the student's picture, the career program he/she is enrolled in, and the role & company they join during or after the course completion.
11. Job Guarantee Program Terms & Conditions
a. Applicable only for students from India
b. The student should have scored > 60% marks in Class X, XII and on their B. Tech degree to avail the benefits of the Job Guarantee program
c. The student should have the following educational qualification:
|Skill-Lync Program||Educational Qualification|
|PGP in Data Analytics & Data Science||UG degree in IT, Computer Engineering or related fields|
|PGP in Full Stack Web Development||UG degree in IT, Computer Engineering or related fields|
|PGP in Electric Vehicle Design & Development||B.E / B. Tech in ECE, EEE, EIE or TCE|
|PGP in Embedded Systems||B.E / B. Tech in ECE, EEE, EIE or TCE|
|PGP in Embedded Software Development & Validation for EV Applications||B.E / B. Tech in ECE, EEE, EIE or TCE|
d. Students must complete the mandatory list of courses and challenges of the program within 180 days of the first-course assignment
e. The student should score more than 70% on the Career Services Eligibility Test (CSET) and at least one internal mock interview
f. Students must maintain at least 80% attendance on all special placement support sessions, i.e; Refreshers, Aptitude Training & Fast Track sessions
g. The student will not be eligible for the Job Guarantee program if they
- Are unreachable for 4 weeks or more. In case of personal emergencies, the student is required to keep their respective Career Success Mentors informed
- Miss two interview opportunities without prior information or a valid reason
h. Skill-Lync highly values relationships with both hiring partners and candidates. Once an interview process has begun, candidates must compulsorily participate in all interview rounds till they are selected/rejected by the company.
i. In an unforeseen situation, if a company revokes a job offer, Skill-Lync will resume providing career assistance
j. A candidate cannot reject a job offer procured through the Job Guarantee program on the pretext of compensation, location, bond etc. as long as the compensation offered is more than Rs. 2.5 LPA
k. After getting placed, if a company decides to terminate a candidate because of poor performance or other behavioural issues, Skill-Lync is not obliged to provide further assistance
- If a student meets the Terms & Conditions for the Job Guarantee program and still has not secured a job offer through Skill-Lync’s career services or individual job search after 180 days of completing the last mandatory course as prescribed by the Skill-Lync Career Services team, the student may request a full refund of their program fee by filling out the Refund Request form by reaching out to their dedicated Career Services representative. Such a request must be made within 30 days since 180 days of entering career services
- After verification, the refund will be processed and remitted within 60 business days via the original mode of payment, excluding taxes
|Skill-Lync Program||Educational Qualification|
|PGP in Data Analytics & Data Science||B.E / B.Tech degree in any stream. Graduation year: 2019 or later without any gap years|
|PGP in Full Stack Web Development||B.E / B.Tech degree in any stream. Graduation year: 2019 or later without any gap years|
|PGP in Electric Vehicle Design & Development||B.E / B. Tech in ECE, EEE, EIE or TCE. Graduation year: 2019 or later without any gap years or have > 1 year of relevant experience in ECE, EEE, EIE, TCE domains|
|PGP in Embedded Systems||B.E / B. Tech in ECE, EEE, EIE or TCE. Graduation year: 2019 or later without any gap years or have > 1 year of relevant experience in ECE, EEE, EIE, TCE domains|
|PGP in Embedded Software Development & Validation for EV Applications||B.E / B. Tech in ECE, EEE, EIE or TCE|
12. Binding Agreement
You agree that by registering, accessing, or using our Services, you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with SKILL-LYNC. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not register, access, or otherwise use any of our Services.
If any part of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by applicable law, then that provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms will continue in effect.
Even if we are delayed in exercising our rights or fail to exercise a right in one case, it doesn’t mean we waive our rights under these Terms, and we may decide to enforce them in the future. If we decide to waive any of our rights in a particular instance, it doesn’t mean we waive our rights generally or in the future.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms: Course Enrollment, SKILL-LYNC’s Rights, Using SKILL-LYNC at Your Own Risk, Binding Agreement and Governing Law and Jurisdiction.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by the laws of India and dispute or difference that may arise shall be governed only under the Arbitration and Conciliation Amendment Act 2015 and courts shall not have any jurisdiction. The Users and the Instructors agree and undertake not to initiate or instigate any Class Actions.
14. Policy Changes
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features) without any notice, and SKILL-LYNC reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise. Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms. If a User disagrees with this policy or any part therein, then that User should not use this website.
15. How to Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our Support team. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services. You can reach us at [email protected]
16. Skill-Lync’s Free laptop vouchers Offer
Skill-Lync may run offers, and campaigns of issuing free laptop vouchers for the benefit of its user. The said offer has a set of terms and conditions to be followed:-
a. APPLICABILITY :-
- This offer is Applicable only on selected programs/courses for a particular period of time as announced by SKILL-LYNC from time to time on the websites and other promotions as per their discretion.
- Nature of the offer, duration of the offer and the manner of implementing the same is subject to the sole discretion of SKILL-LYNC from time to time.
- In order to avail the offer, users should purchase the program only from India.
b. How to get your Laptop:-
- Laptops will be issued by way of vouchers from recognised/authorised Laptop dealers/OEMs.
- Vouchers shall be issued to the users on the registered email id after the payment of the entire course fees.
- The vouchers can be redeemed only on the website of the Laptop OEM.
c. No Liability:-
- SKILL-LYNC is just a facilitator and shall not be held responsible for any defects, problems, guarantee and warranties of the Laptop.
- The laptop configurations that may be mentioned in the marketing campaigns and sales calls are solely for guidance and it’s the Users discretion to redeem the voucher for same, higher or lower configuration as per their requirement and SKILL-LYNC shall not be held liable/responsible for this.
- SKILL-LYNC shall not be responsible for warranties or guarantees or functioning and/or maintenance of the laptops issued and the User shall take it up with the Laptop OEM from whom the voucher is redeemed and the liability of SKILL-LYNC if any, ends at redemption of the laptop voucher.
- SKILL-LYNC shall not be responsible or held liable for malfunction or dysfunction of the laptop
- The delivery of Laptops purchased using the Vouchers under Skill-Lync’s offer does not fall under Skill-Lync’s purview, it is between the OEM and the User.
- SKILL-LYNC will not be held responsible for any delay in the process of redemption of the vouchers.
- If the Item’s purchase value exceeds the value of voucher, the balance amount shall be paid by the User as per the modes mentioned on the Laptop OEM’s website and SKILL-LYNC has no responsibility of facilitating this transaction.
- SKILL LYNC shall not be held liable for any misuse of the lap top for any illegal use or use that it is detrimental to general public, law and order by the user.
- SKILL-LYNC will not be responsible if Voucher details is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.
- Lost, Stolen or destroyed Voucher shall not be refunded or replaced by SKILL-LYNC.
- In case the vouchers are unused within a period of 30 days from the date of receipt of the voucher code, SKILL-LYNC shall not refund the amount against the voucher.
d. Responsibility of the Users
- Voucher code will be sent to the registered mail id of the User and it shall be the users sole responsibility to maintain the secrecy of the code and redemption of the voucher.
- Users are solely responsible for purchasing the laptop with the correct configuration that meets their requirements to run various tools and software necessary for the SKILL-LYNC Program. SKILL-LYNC may or may not provide advice on laptop configurations. Learners may reach out to us at [email protected] for advice on choosing the required laptop configuration for effective learning.
- Users are solely responsible for redemption of the vouchers. Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash, returned for a refund. The vouchers are strictly non-trasferrable.
- User would lose any guarantee or warrantee or any other obligation including but not limited to the shipment of the Laptop from the OEM if the voucher is redeemed by the User.
- You should read carefully and abide by the terms and conditions as mentioned on the Laptop OEM’s website while redemption of the vouchers
- Clubbing of vouchers with other offers and discounts offered by OEMs is out of SKILL-LYNC’s purview and shall solely be as per communication between the User and the Laptop OEM.
- The user shall comply with and abide by all the terms and conditions of Skill-Lync.
- User shall intimate SKILL-LYNC in writing immediately upon redeeming the voucher and after the delivery of the Laptop.
- In the unlikely event of Program being cancelled/stopped by SKILL-LYNC, a new voucher can be issued by SKILL-LYNC at their own discretion and in such an event, if the User chooses to opt out of Program, no refund against the voucher shall be given.
- SKILL-LYNC reserves the rights to process or reject any voucher exchange requests as per their discretion
17. Learning Support to students
a. Support Timing
- In our constant endeavour to provide users with superior Learning support at every step, skill-Lync offers personal support to its users. The support staff of SKILL LYNC will be available to help and guide the users to clarify their doubts on the course materials and the like only during working days between 10.00 AM to 7.00 PM IST
- Our support staff shall not be reachable after the working hours and on Public/local and National holidays.
- For all-out of office hours support requests please write to us at [email protected] or raise a ticket from your student dashboard.
- we wish you all the best and all of us here at skill-lync are there to help and guide you through your journey with us, happy learning!
- All our courses are designed and shall be delivered only in English.
- However, in order to bridge the language gap and for the benefit of the users, We at SKILL LYNC are making constant efforts to provide ad hoc support in Indian regional languages which is largely dependent on the availability of the support person (tech support/TSEs and career support). However, SKILL LYNC does not guarantee or promise to provide the course content in any of the Indian regional languages other than English.
- we wish you all the best and all of us here at skill-lync are there to help and guide you through your journey with us, happy learning!
© 2022 Skill-Lync Inc. All Rights Reserved.