Steady and Transient flow over a throttle body
The objective here is to simulate flow past a throttle body under steady state and transient conditions. Your task is to study the effect of the valve dynamics on key flow quantities.
Diesel engine characterization
In this project, you will run closed cycle simulations of the CAT3410 engine using two different piston bowls. You will be looking at the effect of piston bowl shape on the final solution.
Port fuel injection
- Clean up complex CAD model using CONVERGE STUDIO
- Assign proper boundary and initial conditions
- Setup appropriate physical models (spray, turbulence, combustion and emissions)
- Running simulations in parallel
- Understanding load balancing
- Runtime results visualization
- Post processing results
- Cerating cut views, iso-surfaces, images and animations
You will also focus on analyzing the data obtained from your simulation using line plots. You can find an example below.
Last but not least, there is a reason why CFD is called colorful fluid dynamics. Here are some visualizations that beautifully convey the complexities of the various physical phenomena that you can expect in an I.C Engine.